Information for Classroom Enhancement Grants
Thank you for your interest in an Educational Excellence Foundation Classroom Enhancement Grant. Please use the following guidelines when writing your grant proposal:
- EEF Grants were created with the specific purpose of funding projects that enhance the existing curriculum.
- Grant requests must be consistent with the District curriculum.
- Please indicate the standards and benchmarks from Michigan Curriculum Framework which will be addressed by your project.
- Explain how the grant meets the Teaching and Learning Standards from the Michigan Curriculum Framework.
- Include a summary of evaluation.
- Pilot programs will not be reviewed by EEF.
- EEF will not consider costs for alternative seating, transportation, field trips, refreshments for parties or released time
The Grant Committee uses a rubric to rank each grant application.
Unfortunately, we cannot fund every request. The grant applications receiving the highest scores will be given priority for funding. If EEF has funded the same grant request for a different school, the duplicate application will automatically receive the lowest score for innovation. Grant applications are scored on:
- Innovative classroom enhancement to the existing curriculum
- Grant request is understandable, thorough & complete
- Permanent materials vs. disposable materials
- Materials and ideas that can be shared among other classes (at the same school)
- Meets Teaching and Learning Standards
- Reusable beyond one school year
- Number of students served vs. cost
- Evaluation process is in place
- Budget is thorough and complete
One Final Note
Your application package must be complete to be considered. Be sure to include the following: application form, grant request write-up and a budget. Please call Gretchen Ward if you have any questions: 734-416-2718 or email at email@example.com.